Monday, January 26, 2009

Bye-Bye Diapers?



So we hope! We having been doing diapers for the past 9 years! AHHH! Kaycie is going to be three in April, and Chris acts like she is starting kindergarten soon, so he has decided it is time. Actually he decided this a long time ago, but I reminded him that you can't potty train a child who enjoys being the baby! But this past week she FINALLY showed interest. (I know, she's only 2) Anywhoo.. So on Friday night we took her to WalMart with the whole family to help make a big deal of picking her own new panties! She was going to be a big girl! So she picked her panties, Dora, and home we went. Well we got home and remembered we had a party at Peter Piper Pizza in 20 min, so we told her she couldn't wear them until tomorrow. I know, hold off the child who is excited now, whatever!

Saturday comes, and she gets to wear her 1st pair. She sits on the potty here and there, then pees in the underwear. All right no biggie, we are learning. Well I leave to run an errand, and come home 1/2 hr later. Chris informs me that she has pooped in her underwear, and he bags them and puts them on the back porch. WHAT? If you are going to bag them, just chuck them please. Helllooo! So after one more wet underwear, I decide that we are done. It is just not going to happen. Oh well. And then she proceeds to tell me that she wants to be the baby, she doesn't want to wear panties, cause she poops in panties. WHATEVER!

Sunday comes, and I am woken up to a little girl in panties. She is a big girl today. Not for long, hello we have chrch at 11:30, and so the diaper was put back on.

This morning we go to Target to get some things, and Kaycie BEGS me for new underwear, and I give in. "Okay" I say, "but then you are going to have to go pee in the potty". She agrees. Well we are 2 wet panties and 1 poopie panty down, (little stinker, I made her dump them in the potty, she says"eww, yucky" and i said "too bad". aren't I nice?

So wish me luck! I have purchased pull-ups for when we leave the house, but we will see.
Someday, someday.....Diaper free!!
side note: yes, those are old school underwear. they are like major padded, notice there aren't anymore Dora ones..hmmmm maybe we should stop PEEING in them

11 comments:

Valerie said...

We will keep our "legs" crossed that she makes it!! hee...hee...

Life without diapers=A beautiful world. :)

Miss you guys....

just the five of us said...

Jenni, My friend got her son to stop pooping in the underwear by making him swish them in the toliet! Evertime he pooped he had to clean the underwear, he did that about 2 times thought it was gross and then used the toliet from then on out! I tried the same thing and it works!!! Janet

cassi said...

Good luck! Seriously wondering if it's worth it...

Chasey Family said...

Ahhh free from diapers, my dream come true! Hope it happens for you soon! :)

Cole & Denise said...

Jenni, so funny! I doing the same thing with Addison this weekend. No more diapers for good! I'm not buying anymore no matter what. This will be her third attempt and it's GOING to work! GOOD LUCK!!!!

Cath said...

I love it!! Good luck. I looked at "big girl panties" today, but decided I wasn't ready. Someday...

Jimmy said...

WOW just when I am finally getting old enough for diapers again, you ruin everything by making it sound so yucky!!

IandS said...

That makes me really look forward to potty training Felix - thanks for the motivation :)

As Told By Molly said...

Oh good luck, sister girl. I would love to be diaper free, but my little stinker is stuck on those diapers. I'll give it a try in a couple months.

Where did you find those old school panties? Those are the ones I want. For my daughter. You know what I mean.

Miss Sue said...

No diapers huh? I guess its time for another!

Anonymous said...

Well I must say we are still struggling at our house with accidents so hang in there. By this age I just say you are so disgusting, strip and get cleaned up! I think girls are better though:) There is no way around it - potty training is Lame but worth it! -no diapers for the last 3 years- whooo