Wednesday, August 12, 2009

GIRL'S CAMP

This year I had the privilege to go to Girl's Camp again! The theme was "We Believe". It was executed beautifully! The stake camp director staff did an amazing job! It was all about the believers! We did a believer walk. That is where each ward was in charge of a believer. They had to do a 3-5 min presentation on that believer. It was done very reverently. We walked around by ward, one at a time visiting and learning about the person. It was really neat.
I was the Stake Craft Assistant. Isn't Assistant such a wonderful word!! It was a lot of work, I have to say. But a blast to boot! (and I wasn't in charge! Loved it!) Not very fun pictures, but here are some...

We names ourselves the "Peony Sisters". There were 3 of us. Don't worry, we vinyled this onto the back of our stake shirts. Cool, I know! We thought we were so funny because we were making flower clips as one of our crafts, so we made ourselves these ENORMOUS peony flowers as our flower clips. Here is a picture of Sarah wearing my clip.
Of course we had to let all the girls know who we were!

Here are some of the finished ones I made (stole, I totally didn't make any!) to bring home!


We were the "Peony Sisters, your Creative Design Team"

We wore these necklaces every day with our t-shirts! We had to be "blinged out" somehow everyday!
here is one of them, I also have a super cute black and white one that I put away so well from my girls that now I can't find it! Heatherlea (the big craft boss) and her sister-in-law made them for us!


We made these fun rings for all the stake staff to wear so that they could be "blinged" as well!
They are made of sparkly fun foam.



We decorated the craft cabin with fun vinyl lettering and tissue paper balls!
Of course candy at every table!

Here are the flowers all laid out ready to be created!!
We bought just over 350 flowers. That was a fun trip!


Here are the girls making our other craft, binder clip photo holders. So cute!!


Finished project, that once again I did not make myself!

(wait, I did glue the paper on!)




Of course most of you know I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE girl's camp so I was so excited to be called! Of course our little "creative design team" were very loud, and probably irreverent at times, but we had a BLAST!! But of course were blamed for every prank that was pulled in the stake cabin, all done by the YCL leaders, I must say! Next year girls, next year!

8 comments:

Valerie said...

Wow! That looks so fun! You must have been a blast to be with, those lucky girls! Your crafts are ADORABLE!!

...and nice vinyl btw!!!

Unknown said...

That has got to be LoMia! I LOVE Camp LoMia!

And I cannot believe you would be irreverent. Pas du tout!

inkyfamily said...

Definetly LoMia! Is there any other? Nope! Not in my world!

Lori said...

Such CUTE crafts and I know you are very creative and capable of making CUTE things! Can you believe that adorable pic of Rach and Bryce? And of course cutie hair model Sarah! :)

cassi said...

Oh so FUN! I would have loved to do crafts in that room. I bet the girls LOVED it! Seriously! I'm glad you took pics.

p.s. Why no pic of me when I was beautified with ALL the flower clips on? That would have been
H-O-T!

inkyfamily said...

I was seriously thinking about that and how I am sad we didn't get a picture! Would of been a much better one than the one I took!

Cath said...

I love the clips! I want to make some. I think it would be a blast to be at camp with you!

Jaime G. Fryer said...

Too fun! I bet you and Heatherlea were simply Out Of Control! I can so picture it:-) Wish I could of done fun crafts like these when I went to girls camp ages ago!